This past week I took a short break from blogging to reflect on everything else in life. As wonderful of a hobby as blogging has been for me, I always like to take some time to reflect on my life and make sure I’m heading in a good direction. Although I enjoy looking at great ways to save time and money, the past week of reflection have helped me remember the important things in life. So if you’re ever stuck in a time when money or time or some other personal worry is overwhelming you, I hope you come back and think about these ideas on living beyond money.
Time is Limited and Money is only a Tool
I always like focusing on finding time and saving money because they are two things that are very useful.
- Time is our greatest commodity and most limited resource. We all have the same amount per day and will make some decision on how we use it.
- Money is the great medium of exchange. It allows people to serve others indirectly in a way that has helped millions.
But while useful, optimizing your time and money can be a distraction.
- If you spend too much time worrying about your time, then you won’t have any time left to worry about.
- It’s not worth it to save up millions while giving up great opportunities. Money is a tool that should be used wisely.
Take a Break and Serve Others
If you find yourself in a phase where all you worry about is time and money, then take a break to serve others. Sometimes thinking about money and time gets me so caught up on myself that I need a way to look outward. Here are some ways to impact others.
- Buy some friends dinner. This helps build relationships and reminds you that treating your friends is a lot more fun than treating yourself.
- Support a cause with Time. It’s easy to write a check to help someone, but take the next step and spend a day building a Habitat house, working at a homeless shelter, or aiding someone with a handicap. This will greatly impact your heart and remind you that you are blessed to have as much time as you have.
- Reflect on your priorities. Taking time to step back and think about what your priorities are versus what you are actually doing should help figure out what’s out of line.
Don’t Be Mastered by Time or Money
In the end, time and money shouldn’t control you. They are two things that if used well can make your life great or destroy it if used poorly. Whenever you realize that your life is being run by a constant need for more time or money, just step back and think about what you are really living for.
Thanks for your time. What are your thoughts about living beyond time and money? Leave a comment or send this to a friend.